Picture Hanging

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A "Light" Subject

Welcome Back Blog Readers,

For today’s blog we will discussing LED lighting. Lighting is a design element that I have had extensive experience with in my years of interior design. It is both a commercial and home element that is most important and often overlooked by consumers. According to a recent study by the American Institute of Architects, LED lighting is leading the growth and demand for both kitchen and bathroom features in the American home. And unlike many design trends the switch to LED lighting is not slowing down any time soon, as both my colleagues and I agree.

As a matter of fact, LED sales have doubled in the last two years, and I can see why as a great number of my clients have requested that I specify energy efficient lighting to their closets, shelves in their study’s and stairways. This has been a must with the restaurant interiors that I have been involved with most recently. LED lighting has become important in outdoor spaces such as its use on decks and walkways.

Being both an interior designer and the owner of a wallcovering and fabric studio in Newton Mass, the real reason LED lighting is so important to me is the fact of the CRI/Color Rendering Index, which enhances the true color tonality of wallcoverings and fabrics. I won’t bore you on the different levels between warm and cool tones I promise! So with all these fabulous advancements with LEDs let’s shed more “light” on your world. And as I always say folks, “Don’t be afraid to decorate!

Best,

Robin